The Account Manager manages and is accountable for the overall relationship, strategy development, revenue growth and profitability of multiple client accounts, typically 3-4. They are ultimately responsible for delivering a high degree of value and satisfaction to Clients, while also delivering revenue growth for 20nine.
The Account Manager interfaces with their clients on a daily basis and is responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with senior level client personnel (typically Director level and above). This position requires someone with 3-5 years of experience directly managing client accounts in a marketing or branding agency environment, and for someone experienced with managing the responsibilities of all day-to-day client engagement, communications, and projects.
The Account Manager is expected to collaborate closely with the Agency’s Strategy, Creative, Tech and Project Management teams, as well as with various other resource types within the organization. Success in this role requires experience effectively managing expectations, timelines and tight deadlines, the ability to multi-task and effectively problem solve, a ‘can-do’ positive attitude, and a proven ability to be proactive and work collaboratively in a team environment. They are one of the Agency’s primary faces to Clients, and the role requires the ability to think quickly under pressure, as well as to engage and motivate the larger Agency team to produce the best possible product and results.
- Champion client satisfaction throughout the team and Agency
- Manage a set of 3-4 accounts
- Establish and develop an open, trusting, long-term relationship with clients
- Possess 3-5 years Client Services experience in branding and brand strategy, marketing (digital and/or traditional), business strategy, and/or the interactive digital world
- Ability to identify and understand a client’s business needs, goals and objectives, and to then develop effective, measurable strategies and solutions to address them
- Effectively translate, communicate and prioritize client business requirements to Agency teams
- Engage all appropriate departments in conducting solution development and account planning activities to ensure sound, achievable objectives and strategies are being established
- Identify and benchmark key performance metrics; focus on achieving business results for clients
- Push the Agency team’s boundaries with regard to creativity, innovation and solution development
- Work to extend the penetration of the Agency and our solution offerings within the client organizations, and increase revenue potential of each account under management
- Continually research and study clients’ businesses, competitors and competitive landscapes to become a trusted advisor
- Keep current on related industry trends as well as competitive product offerings and best practices in order to effectively develop and sell new solutions to clients
- Some travel may be required
Skills & Competencies
- Passion for tackling challenges, developing solutions and driving growth of both clients’ businesses and of the Agency
- Proactivity in all communication with clients and internal teams
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- The ability to monitor account P&L statements to ensure both the Agency and client interests are being served
- Manage contractual relationships and monitor contract compliance
- Ability to identify new business and relationship expansion opportunities, and to secure incremental business from clients
- Provide inspirational team leadership, building and leading a collaborative, cohesive and effective work team
- Display tact, diplomacy, professionalism and maturity in interactions with people at all levels, internal and external to the Agency
- Understanding of agency billing, proposal, SOW and estimation processes, and overall agency workflows
- Strong competency using the full MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.