We deliver bold and beautiful brands in a cut and paste world.
20nine is part brand consultancy, part design firm and part rowdy idea factory.
Anything worth doing is worth doing differently.
Success has a need for speed, agility and creativity. 20nine delivers on all three. We’re a highly collaborative and caffeinated group of brand strategists, writers, designers, technologists, and insight gatherers committed to creating charismatic brands, products, services and experiences that stand out and stand for something important in the minds of your audience.
Be honest and direct
Fight for things that matter
Understand and deliver
No egos, no a-holes
Relationships should be awesome, not awkward
No prom themes
Speed, agility and creativity win
President & CEO
Greg founded the company in 2002. Before that, Greg finessed his cat-herding technique in creative and managerial roles at a number of Pennsylvania advertising and design agencies. He’s a graphic designer by trade, as well as a seasoned strategist. From day one he’s been driven by a passion for creating inspiring and unexpected work. His favorite part of the job? “Partnering with clients to create the most innovative and kick-ass work that exceeds their expectations for their brand.” Greg is on the board of the Art Directors Club of Philadelphia (VP) and the Philadelphia Ad Club. He also does philanthropic work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s annual “Ride for Life” event.
VP of Brand Strategy & Innovation
Gary is a self-proclaimed “creative misfit” in that he doesn’t fit neatly into any one compartment or department. He’s an insight spotter, brand strategist, writer, content creator, creative facilitator, product innovator and a nationally syndicated cartoonist. At 20nine, Gary works directly with our clients and creative and interactive design teams to give strategic shape to data and consumer insights in order to bring brands to life through the telling of evocative and visually compelling stories audiences can relate to and rally around. Gary had a hand in developing the agency’s proprietary toolset including the Master Motivating Idea methodology, 2×2 StoryCube and Insight-Out Archetyping techniques. Having facilitated hundreds of brainstorming sessions around the U.S and in Europe for clients such as P&G, Cadbury, Novartis and Absolut, Gary leads immersion sessions at the agency. Gary started his career with Ogilvy New York and was one of the founding members of Marco Polo Explorers, a global new product invention consultancy.
Chief Operating Officer
As 20nine’s Chief Operating Officer, Jason gets to mix it up and get involved in different facets of the business every day—which is exactly how he likes it. He comes to 20nine after starting his own brand incubator, Nucleus Brands; serving as SVP of Agency Services at Pepperjam; and co-founding one of the first true, specialty SEM agencies, directMASS, LLC.
Throughout two decades of working with some of the largest and most successful US-based commerce brands, Jason says his proudest career moment still might be when his father finally said, “I now understand what the hell you actually do.”
Kevin is a glutton for inspiration. He’s a photographer, a silk screen maker, an avid music fan, and a fiend for the outdoors. He lives with a chronic creative itch he can’t quite seem to scratch, which is just fine by him. After graduating from the University of The Arts, he focused his energies at Lippincott in NYC where he cut his teeth creating and developing identity systems, publications, interactive media and environmental design for an array of clients like Delta Air lines, LG, Sprint, Samsung, Comcast, Pizza Hut, Chevron, Hyatt and First Citizens Bank. But a longing for good friends, supportive family, and authentic soft pretzels brought him home to Philly, and now he heads the truly gifted and witty design crew at 20nine, who he coaxes to discover the big idea. Outside the bubble, Kevin is much the same. You can find him and his wife carving up the slopes, traveling or hitting the concert trail in search of inspiration—trying, as always, to scratch that itch.
VP of Brand Strategy & Storytelling
Len is a motivator of meaningful dialog for clients. From the daily connections that take place between colleagues, and how they share their purpose and passion with the world around them, to the way individuals and the brands they serve connect, engage, and build their brand communities in a way that helps them live up to their wildest potential. He helped the world’s largest privately owned digital commerce agency establish a clear and inspirational brand for the first time, evolving market positioning from technologist to thought leaders, built a thriving, global, women’s comfort footwear brand from the ground up, and guided and inspired one of the world’s largest bike manufacturers to transform from a low price commodity to a premium brand craved by riders and influencers alike. Len is a frequent speaker on the power of story to build a better brand for universities, industry associations, conferences, and progressive business blogs.
Director of Client Services
Steph’s in charge of keeping our clients happy and our projects on-track. She’s a veteran with 10 years of experience at full-service advertising agencies under her belt, working with clients from international mega-companies to local artisan mom-and-pops. She loves keeping her finger on the pulse of creative work and playing an integral role in client relationship development.
She’s a mover and a shaker outside of work too, in the sense that she’s constantly on the move chasing her adventurous 2-year-old son and she loves to shake it at salsa bars & karaoke clubs.
When we asked Steph what flavor of yogurt she’d be, we thought her answer summed her up pretty nicely: Vanilla with real strawberries—just about everyone likes her and for the most part, you know what to expect…but every once in a while, she delivers an unexpected juicy punch.
Ask her about her time living in Hawaii, where she jumped out of a plane, zip-lined through rainforests, and failed miserably at surfing.
Be Bold or Be Second
As 20nine’s Lead Developer, Joe looks at every project as a logic puzzle. He loves finding elegant, functional solutions to complicated development challenges. It’s still unclear whether his puzzle skills include escaping from Chinese Finger Traps.
Though his hobbies mainly include outdoor activities like snowboarding and running triathalons, Joe is a performer at heart. Whether juggling bowling pins, speaking at conferences or appearing on reality shows, he always finds himself in the spotlight. We think there’s a place for him in the next 20nine music video.
Jess is the rubber spatula of our design team: she’s flexible and dependable, and doesn’t miss much. She started with 20nine as an intern after graduating from Philadelphia University with the top design portfolio in her class. From brainstorming to sketching to illustrating, Jess loves to be part of the evolution of ideas as they develop into full visual brands.
Outside of work, Jess’ artistic hobbies include painting, color-organizing her belongings, and crushing on Wes Anderson.
When Adam is not creating designs, he enjoys long walks to the bar, pepperoni pizza with ranch, and aimlessly browsing through pictures of cats wearing tights.
When he has had his fill on tights-wearing cats and pizza, you can find him destroying friends in Mario Party 2 on N64. With the free time that is left, Adam consistently works on his craft of designing, illustrating, lettering and the formulation of innovative ideas.
Sarah’s a graphic designer with a deep passion for sports design and a deeper hatred for yardwork (those hoping for a design-and-mulch twofer, look elsewhere). She designed graphics for the Athletics Department at her alma mater Temple University, and here at 20nine she kills it with beautiful & unique digital design, animation, and illustration for our clients.
In her spare time, Sarah’s hobbies can best be described by The Lonely Island’s hit song. Her whole family is full of boat enthusiasts—they prefer the go-fast kind over the cruisin’ kind—so she spends a ton of time on the water.
When we asked Sarah what type of furniture she’d be, she said “disco ball”, and her skills include making strangely accurate animal noises. She’s a cheese and whiskey connoisseur, too, so maybe we should scrap it all and just say she brings the party.
Alison—or Ali, as most of us call her—is one of 20nine’s graphic designers. She came to us from a financial tech company, raring and ready to cut her teeth in the branding game. When she’s not sketching ideas or making Photoshop magic, you might find her snowboarding, petting other people’s dogs, or napping on the beach. Ali also enjoys cooking and trying new restaurants… as long as there are no pickles involved.
Things you won’t find her doing? Dishes. And, if she can help it, sitting in traffic. We’ve also heard she’s quite good at doing the worm. As in, multiple-contest-winning good. Yep—it’s a big deal. And we plan on making sure we get to witness it firsthand.
Lindsay is an Account Supervisor here at 20nine and brings years of account management experience to the table, primarily within the branding and digital spaces. Lindsay’s day-to-day at 20nine involves maintaining strong client relationships and ensuring that we deliver quality work that is solving creative and strategic challenges.
Outside of the office, Lindsay’s “happy place” is definitely the beach, although she absolutely hates seagulls—and all other birds, in fact. She promises she’s an Eagles fan despite her self-diagnosed “beakapeckaphobia.”
Lindsay’s hobbies include cooking and interior decorating, although she admits that she spends almost as much time perfecting her space as her dog Wyatt does wrecking it. Luckily, true to her “Energizer Bunny” nickname, she’s got plenty of energy to stay on top of it!
Andrea is our Project Manager, which means she’s the ultimate maestro keeping all our projects resourced and scheduled properly. She works closely with our creative team to make sure they have everything they need to keep projects moving smoothly, and she diligently coordinates to make sure everyone is on track with milestones. In other words, she keeps our sh*t together.
In addition to project coordination and resourcing, Andrea’s list of skills includes the ability to fall asleep just about anywhere. (We’ve never heard narcoleptic tendencies described as a skill until now, but we’re all for it.) Conspicuously absent from her list of skills, however, is parallel parking. Lucky for all of us—and our vehicles—she takes the train to the office.
Outside of work, you can find her…outside. She loves anything that involves family, friends, and the great outdoors—whether that’s running, camping, or bar-hopping.
Ask her about her obsession with Buzzfeed quizzes. Maybe you can compare which types of cheese you’re most like.
If Peg Feathers-Long were a household item, she’d be a hat rack—and not just because of her svelte physique. On any given day she can be found wearing all sorts of headgear—from book keeper, accountant and tax preparer to mom, business owner and property manager. When she’s at 20nine she can be found handling invoices, insurance payments and yes, paychecks, which may explain why everyone is extra-nice to her. To take a break from all her hat-wearing, Peg likes to go swimming, windsurfing and paddle boarding, all of which she performs bareheaded.
Fun fact: Peg is embarrassed to admit she’s never read Fifty Shades of Grey, whereas most people would say the opposite.
Chief of Snacks
This is Cheeto, also known as Cheet Loaf, Toe, and of course, Toby. He has sectoral heterochromia (yes, we looked this up) which makes his half-blue eyes even harder to turn down when begging for chicken, or anything edible…and even some things that aren’t. He once was a professional skateboarder at just two months old but has since retired to take long naps and beg for food. He’s highly skilled and professionally trained in the art of peanut butter consumption and loves to play with his favorite toy, Rollie Cannoli. Cheeto is part dog, part cat, and part wiggle-worm. He also does a mean pigeon impression (almost as mean as Birdman). He’s all bark and no bite, and does just that to every single person he meets. Don’t worry, though, he just thinks he’s tougher than he is. But who could blame a miniature dachshund for having a Napoleon complex? That’s ok, we love him just the way he is.
Chief Executive Meowfficer
Charles (AKA “Charlie”) is a proud American Shorthair tabby. Prior to joining 20nine, he had quite the illustrious career. The forgotten sixth member of the original Jackson 5, Charlie was once renowned for his disarmingly smooth purr—recognizable in any vocal harmony he was a part of. But his musical partnership with the Jacksons was short-lived. Due to artistic differences, they parted ways after talks of signing with Motown Records. He would later go on to have a thriving solo career, outshining his former group by a landslide.
These days, Charlie has settled into comfortable semi-retirement. A perennial carboholic, he fills his time sampling the finest pastas and baked goods he can lay his paws on. For laughs, he and his brother Walter occasionally seek out neighborhood dogs to boss around. They see it as their way of “balancing the scales”. . . and, honestly, we can’t really argue with that.
JOIN THE TEAM
We’re looking for a super talented, energetic, and detail-oriented badass to join our growing Client Services Team and help service some of our largest clients.
We’re searching for that person who can provide top-level service to several complex, international companies and handle it all without breaking a sweat. The ideal candidate has already learned how to excel in the dynamic nature of a creative agency environment and is ready to really grow into taking ownership of accounts and processes. We want someone who’s not just passionate about creative, but about being the reason it gets done right and on time while keeping everybody happy.
Position: Account Supervisor
Reports to: VP Account Services
- 5+ years of advertising or creative agency experience is required (title and compensation based on experience)
- Proven track record of not only running, but growing and totally handling accounts/clients both large and small
- Experience with the direct management of various teams (Creative + Dev + Account)
- Understanding of agency billing, SOW and estimate process
- Ability to interface with clients directly
- Complete understanding of print and digital workflows and project process are a must
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- The desire and ability to collaborate on creative work with a team and be the one to keep client goals in focus
- Be able to work within a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage both internal and client expectations and overall agency workflow
- Amazing verbal and written communication skills
- Full working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Strong desire to work at a smaller, purpose-focused, creative agency setting
- Ability to help manage and implement QA process(es)
- Working knowledge of basic HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, print + media production are preferred
- Think Curiously. Create Fearlessly. Compromise Nothing.
Business Development Manager
Position: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Chief Solution Strategy Officer
- Identify target client prospects, including the key individuals in specific roles within the prospect organizations
- Reach out to and engage directly with these key individuals at these prospect organizations, identifying new business opportunities for 20nine’s solutions and services
- Qualify new business opportunities, and initial definition of scope
- Conduct market, competitive landscape and business needs analyses in support of new business efforts
- Support the development of pitches and presentations to support new business pursuits
- Support the development of proposals, as well as RFI/RFP responses
- Develop and maintain new business pipeline reports, leveraging Salesforce.com
- Be a hunter, sourcing new business opportunities in the Agency’s areas of focus, and exceed the defined new business opportunity quota
- Manage and maintain 20nine’s pipeline of new business opportunities, and aggressively grow the pipeline
- Contribute in the development of proposals, RFP responses, presentations, and supporting materials for presentation to new business prospects
- Be a contributing member of cross-functional pitch / pursuit team(s), working closely and directly with pitch leads and Senior Management in support of new business / sales opportunities
- Support the development of relevant case studies and consumer insight research/trends and competitive/industry research
- Contribute to sharing, curating, and “warehousing” intellectual property developed in-house or accessible from third-parties
- Build relationships and work collaboratively across the Agency, understanding the roles and functions of the various 20nine resources
- Stay abreast of relevant marketing, consumer engagement, digital, sales & business development trends
- Utilize a variety of tools to conduct research (e.g. competitive and industry analyses), and then synthesize and summarize findings
- Support multiple new business pursuits simultaneously
- Be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Have strong analytical skills as well as excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Have a strong team success orientation, but with an ability to work autonomously & accept accountability
- Be driven to exceed new business quotas and Agency growth targets
We’re looking for a talented Front End Developer Intern to join our growing team of designers and strategists.
We create unique sites for our clients that do more than just take up rack space. We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming to help with our development projects. If you’re someone who can build a site that’s technically well thought-out from wireframe to deployment, and want to work in an awesome creative space with awesomely talented people… then we’d love to talk to you.
Position: Front End Developer Intern
Reports to: Lead Developer
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an agency or freelance web development role
- Skilled in the usual front end list (JS, PHP, jQuery, CSS) as well as familiarity with WordPress
- An eye for design coupled with a passion for the implementation of creativity into the digital space
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles and translating PSDs into fluid and responsive templates
- The ability to collaborate on work and help lead a team from an interactive perspective
- Knowledge of current web standards, as well as cross platform/device functionality/best practices
- The ability to interact with clients as well as good internal communications is a must
- Bonus points for any level of the following: Animation skills (either JS/HTML5), JS frameworks (React/Angular/etc) or Git
- Desire to work at a smaller creative focused agency setting
- Ability to help manage and implement QA process(es)
20nine, a Creative Brand Agency in Conshohocken, PA is hiring a Senior Designer. Someone remarkable, uncommon and distinct. Someone extraordinary. Preferably someone who eats, breathes and sleeps design. In fact, you likely can’t help being creative and you generate ideas and concepts without being told to do so. When you are not designing, you are a glutton for inspiration, uncovering and chatting about intriguing new trends and innovations.
Position: Senior Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
- You are comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- You are confident and articulate with a thirst for all that is design
- You’ve cut your teeth in the agency world for 4+ years
- When we look at your book of work, we will quickly see your highly refined design aesthetic
- You have experience in designing for a wide range of applications
- Your design is strategic and well thought through
- Others would tell us that your ability to properly research, ask questions and understand client and stakeholder needs has led to multiple project successes
- You enjoy helping mentor designers
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects at once and accurately set and meet deadlines
- 4 + years of agency experience
- A great attitude
- Super Adobe powers