We deliver bold and beautiful brands in a cut and paste world.
20nine is part brand consultancy, part design firm and part rowdy idea factory.
Anything worth doing is worth doing differently.
Success has a need for speed, agility and creativity. 20nine delivers on all three. We’re a highly collaborative and caffeinated group of brand strategists, writers, designers, technologists, and insight gatherers committed to creating charismatic brands, products, services and experiences that stand out and stand for something important in the minds of your audience.
Be honest and direct
Fight for things that matter
Understand and deliver
No egos, no a-holes
Relationships should be awesome, not awkward
No prom themes
Speed, agility and creativity win
President & CEO
Greg founded the company in 2002. Before that, Greg finessed his cat-herding technique in creative and managerial roles at a number of Pennsylvania advertising and design agencies. He’s a graphic designer by trade, as well as a seasoned strategist. From day one he’s been driven by a passion for creating inspiring and unexpected work. His favorite part of the job? “Partnering with clients to create the most innovative and kick-ass work that exceeds their expectations for their brand.” Greg is on the board of the Art Directors Club of Philadelphia (VP) and the Philadelphia Ad Club. He also does philanthropic work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s annual “Ride for Life” event.
VP of Brand Strategy & Innovation
Gary is a self-proclaimed “creative misfit” in that he doesn’t fit neatly into any one compartment or department. He’s an insight spotter, brand strategist, writer, content creator, creative facilitator, product innovator and a nationally syndicated cartoonist. At 20nine, Gary works directly with our clients and creative and interactive design teams to give strategic shape to data and consumer insights in order to bring brands to life through the telling of evocative and visually compelling stories audiences can relate to and rally around. Gary had a hand in developing the agency’s proprietary toolset including the Master Motivating Idea methodology, 2×2 StoryCube and Insight-Out Archetyping techniques. Having facilitated hundreds of brainstorming sessions around the U.S and in Europe for clients such as P&G, Cadbury, Novartis and Absolut, Gary leads immersion sessions at the agency. Gary started his career with Ogilvy New York and was one of the founding members of Marco Polo Explorers, a global new product invention consultancy.
Mark Allen Stuart
Chief Operating Officer
Mark lives to organize, strategize and drive company growth—but in a good way. Mark focuses his time on managing the company’s Business Intelligence practice accessing operational and organizational insights.
Mark has been an officer in four publicly owned companies and has had the chance to lead several incredible multi-function teams. After leaving Rice University, Mark joined Procter and Gamble where he developed a keen sense of the importance of brand and category management and then was part of the team that took Linen’s n’ Things public, serving as the company’s Chief Marketing Officer. Prior to joining 20nine, Mark managed a strategic planning consultancy serving over 100 companies in thirty different industries. Yes he is ADD.
Fun fact: Mark produces rock music and writes/directs monster movies.
Kevin is a glutton for inspiration. He’s a photographer, a silk screen maker, an avid music fan, and a fiend for the outdoors. He lives with a chronic creative itch he can’t quite seem to scratch, which is just fine by him. After graduating from the University of The Arts, he focused his energies at Lippincott in NYC where he cut his teeth creating and developing identity systems, publications, interactive media and environmental design for an array of clients like Delta Air lines, LG, Sprint, Samsung, Comcast, Pizza Hut, Chevron, Hyatt and First Citizens Bank. But a longing for good friends, supportive family, and authentic soft pretzels brought him home to Philly, and now he heads the truly gifted and witty design crew at 20nine, who he coaxes to discover the big idea. Outside the bubble, Kevin is much the same. You can find him and his wife carving up the slopes, traveling or hitting the concert trail in search of inspiration—trying, as always, to scratch that itch.
VP of Brand Strategy & Storytelling
Len is a motivator of meaningful dialog for clients. From the daily connections that take place between colleagues, and how they share their purpose and passion with the world around them, to the way individuals and the brands they serve connect, engage, and build their brand communities in a way that helps them live up to their wildest potential. He helped the world’s largest privately owned digital commerce agency establish a clear and inspirational brand for the first time, evolving market positioning from technologist to thought leaders, built a thriving, global, women’s comfort footwear brand from the ground up, and guided and inspired one of the world’s largest bike manufacturers to transform from a low price commodity to a premium brand craved by riders and influencers alike. Len is a frequent speaker on the power of story to build a better brand for universities, industry associations, conferences, and progressive business blogs.
Director of Client Services
Steph is one of our account executives, and she’s in charge of keeping our clients happy and our projects on-track. She’s a veteran with 10 years of experience at full-service advertising agencies under her belt, working with clients from international mega-companies to local artisan mom-and-pops. She loves keeping her finger on the pulse of creative work and playing an integral role in client relationship development.
She’s a mover and a shaker outside of work too, in the sense that she’s constantly on the move chasing her adventurous 2-year-old son and she loves to shake it at salsa bars & karaoke clubs.
When we asked Steph what flavor of yogurt she’d be, we thought her answer summed her up pretty nicely: Vanilla with real strawberries—just about everyone likes her and for the most part, you know what to expect…but every once in a while, she delivers an unexpected juicy punch.
Ask her about her time living in Hawaii, where she jumped out of a plane, zip-lined through rainforests, and failed miserably at surfing.
Be Bold or Be Second
Senior Art Director
Erin is a Senior Art Director here at 20nine, and also our unofficial cheerleader—she’s always upbeat and flexible, and she’s an incredible motivator for the other members of our design team.
When she’s not designing, Erin can almost always be found behind a camera. She owns a wedding photography business, which feeds her passions for making people feel beautiful in their own skin and capturing people in love. There aren’t enough hours in the day, but if there were, traveling the world, cooking, and interior decorating would fill them.
Despite the magic she brings to our team and her hobbies, she’s never read any of the Harry Potter books. We don’t hold it against her, though, ‘cause she’s double-jointed with a super strong intuition, and that’s almost wizardry.
As 20nine’s Lead Developer, Joe looks at every project as a logic puzzle. He loves finding elegant, functional solutions to complicated development challenges. It’s still unclear whether his puzzle skills include escaping from Chinese Finger Traps.
Though his hobbies mainly include outdoor activities like snowboarding and running triathalons, Joe is a performer at heart. Whether juggling bowling pins, speaking at conferences or appearing on reality shows, he always finds himself in the spotlight. We think there’s a place for him in the next 20nine music video.
Jess is the rubber spatula of our design team: she’s flexible and dependable, and doesn’t miss much. She started with 20nine as an intern after graduating from Philadelphia University with the top design portfolio in her class. From brainstorming to sketching to illustrating, Jess loves to be part of the evolution of ideas as they develop into full visual brands.
Outside of work, Jess’ artistic hobbies include painting, color-organizing her belongings, and crushing on Wes Anderson.
Chief Relationship Officer
A self-proclaimed massive coffee-imbiber, Steve has been writing for Forbes via his own column for 10 years. Over that time he has amassed a close network of executives and thought leaders that are second to none. He has been referred to as “The Distiller of Truth” and “The CMO Whisperer” by the former CMO of Walmart and Prudential. The CMO of the Grammys calls him “…one of marketing’s definitive authorities” while the CMO of Cadillac calls his Forbes column a “must read.” He is truly in “rarified air” as one CEO put it for he has achieved a respect and trust among those in the c-suite. His diverse background—ranging from creative director and copywriter on the agency side to director of marketing and other roles on the marketing side affords him a very unique perspective on the world of marketing today. No one is more attuned to the state of marketing than Steve. On top of all this he is one of the most prolific content marketers and writers today.
When Adam is not creating designs, he enjoys long walks to the bar, pepperoni pizza with ranch, and aimlessly browsing through pictures of cats wearing tights.
When he has had his fill on tight-wearing cats and pizza, you can find him destroying friends in Mario Party 2 on N64. With the free time that is left, Adam consistently works on his craft of designing, illustrating, lettering and the formulation of innovative ideas.
Sarah’s a graphic designer with a deep passion for sports design and a deeper hatred for yardwork (those hoping for a design-and-mulch twofer, look elsewhere). She designed graphics for the Athletics Department at her alma mater Temple University, and here at 20nine she kills it with beautiful & unique digital design, animation, and illustration for our clients.
In her spare time, Sarah’s hobbies can best be described by The Lonely Island’s hit song. Her whole family is full of boat enthusiasts—they prefer the go-fast kind over the cruisin’ kind—so she spends a ton of time on the water.
When we asked Sarah what type of furniture she’d be, she said “disco ball”, and her skills include making strangely accurate animal noises. She’s a cheese and whiskey connoisseur, too, so maybe we should scrap it all and just say she brings the party.
As one of our account execs, Jake helps our Account Services team stay organized, manage projects, and “keep their frogs in a wheelbarrow” (his phrase, and our official new favorite).
He joined our team after years of working as a Beer Ambassador for Sly Fox Brewing Company, so he’s a pretty great addition to our beer connoisseurship crew, too. On top of that, he’s upping our office golf cred with his never-ending chase of long drives and short putts out on the links.
His extracurricular skills and accomplishments include sneaking Big Lebowski references into almost any conversation and setting the high score on pop-a-shot basketball arcade games across the country.
As a serial problem-solver and desperate laundry-hater, Jake’s pretty sure he can train his dog Chandler to fold clothes for him, and although conventional knowledge says you’d need opposable thumbs to properly fold anything, Jake’s not one to let convention dictate his life.
The dude abides.
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director,
is it you?
We are looking for someone remarkable, uncommon and distinct. Someone extraordinary. Preferably someone who eats, breathes and sleeps design. In fact, you likely can’t help being creative and you generate ideas and concepts without being told to do so. When you are not designing, you are a glutton for inspiration, uncovering and chatting about intriguing new trends and innovations. To thrive here, you’ll need a drive that enables you to own projects from the start and the work ethic to see all the details through to the end. You are confident, articulate, and you can design for any application that gets thrown at you. You have past agency experience of at least 4 years and you have solved challenges such as identities, videos, websites, advertising, and packaging. You live in the cross-section of design and technology and your portfolio reflects that.
Andrea is our Project Manager, which means she’s the ultimate maestro keeping all our projects resourced and scheduled properly. She works closely with our creative team to make sure they have everything they need to keep projects moving smoothly, and she diligently coordinates to make sure everyone is on track with milestones. In other words, she keeps our sh*t together.
In addition to project coordination and resourcing, Andrea’s list of skills includes the ability to fall asleep just about anywhere. (We’ve never heard narcoleptic tendencies described as a skill until now, but we’re all for it.) Conspicuously absent from her list of skills, however, is parallel parking. Lucky for all of us—and our vehicles—she takes the train to the office.
Outside of work, you can find her…outside. She loves anything that involves family, friends, and the great outdoors—whether that’s running, camping, or bar-hopping.
Ask her about her obsession with Buzzfeed quizzes. Maybe you can compare which types of cheese you’re most like.
Social Media & Content Manager
As our Social Media & Content Manager, Stef’s days in the office are spent writing and editing, creating engaging content, and thinking up smart strategies. She loves using both the creative and analytical parts of her brain to drive tangible results through a blend of word-smithing and strategic thinking.
A lifelong wanderlust, Stef is a gypsy at heart and spent a year in an RV, traveling across the US with her cats in tow. She enjoys thunderstorms, fancy cocktails, and getting lost in new places. Outside the office, you might find her hitting the dance floor, attempting yoga poses, or writing poetry and short stories with a magical twist. She’s got a serious knack for dabbling. In past lives, she’s been a fire performer, drummer in an indie band, and mixed media & installation artist.
Alison—or Ali, as most of us call her—is one of 20nine’s graphic designers. She came to us from a financial tech company, raring and ready to cut her teeth in the branding game. When she’s not sketching ideas or making Photoshop magic, you might find her snowboarding, petting other people’s dogs, or napping on the beach. Ali also enjoys cooking and trying new restaurants… as long as there are no pickles involved.
Things you won’t find her doing? Dishes. And, if she can help it, sitting in traffic. We’ve also heard she’s quite good at doing the worm. As in, multiple-contest-winning good. Yep—it’s a big deal. And we plan on making sure we get to witness it firsthand.
If Peg Feathers-Long were a household item, she’d be a hat rack—and not just because of her svelte physique. On any given day she can be found wearing all sorts of headgear—from book keeper, accountant and tax preparer to mom, business owner and property manager. When she’s at 20nine she can be found handling invoices, insurance payments and yes, paychecks, which may explain why everyone is extra-nice to her. To take a break from all her hat-wearing, Peg likes to go swimming, windsurfing and paddle boarding, all of which she performs bareheaded.
Fun fact: Peg is embarrassed to admit she’s never read Fifty Shades of Grey, whereas most people would say the opposite.
Octavius is a thinker, a talker, a comic book freakazoid, a storyteller, and a web designer. In his free time he co-hosts a podcast about the “Philosophy of Geek Culture” called Comic Book Junto. He can also be found developing ideas for his lifestyle brand called B3AR FRUIT.
George is a psychology student turned amateur poet. He’s supposedly comprised of one part Kurt Vonnegut and two parts diction machine. Currently finishing his senior year at Temple University, he wants to mix creative writing with psychology to produce educated and immersive content. When he’s not writing, you can find this rock climber hanging out with his tabby cat, Ringo.
Chief of Snacks
This is Cheeto, also known as Cheet Loaf, Toe, and of course, Toby. He’s has sectoral heterochromia (yes we looked this up) which makes his half blue eyes even harder to turn down when begging for chicken, or anything edible…and even some things that aren’t. He once was a professional skateboarder at just two months old but has since then retired to take long naps and beg for food. He’s highly skilled and professionally trained in the art of Peanut Butter consumption and loves to play with his favorite toy, Rollie Canoli. Cheeto is part dog, part cat, and part wiggle worm, and does a mean pigeon impression (almost as mean as Birdman). He’s all bark and no bite, and does just that to every single person he meets. Don’t worry though, he just thinks he’s tougher than he is, but who could blame a Miniature Dachshund for having a Napoleon complex? That’s ok, we love him just the way he is.
JOIN THE TEAM
We’re looking for a super talented, energetic, and detail-oriented badass to join our growing Account Services team
We’re a community of designers, writers, strategists, content creators, poets and pragmatists. We live to energize positive change within companies, people and animate all that is awesome. Right now we’re searching for that person who can provide top-level service to a range of global and local companies and handle it all without breaking a sweat. The ideal candidate has already learned how to excel in the dynamic nature of a creative agency environment, and is ready to really grow into taking ownership of accounts and processes. We want someone who’s not just passionate about creative, but about being the reason it gets done right and on time while keeping everybody happy.
Position: Account Supervisor
Reports to: VP Account Services
- Think Curiously. Create Fearlessly. Compromise Nothing
- All required billing, estimates, SOW and accounting functioning within the account
- Manage key support staff
- Project and Resource Planning
- Ensure quality control within all creative/deliverables
- Be a part of the collaborative creative process
- Project and Resource Planning
- All external vendor coordination
- 5+ years of advertising or creative agency experience is required (Title and compensation based on experience).
- Proven track record of not only running, but growing and totally handling accounts/clients both large and small
- Experience with the direct management of various teams (Creative + Dev + Account)
- Understanding of agency billing, SOW and estimate process
- Complete understanding of print and digital workflows and project process are a must
- Detailed oriented and highly organized
- The desire and the ability to collaborate on creative work with a team and be the person who keeps the client goals in focus
- Help manage both internal and client expectations and overall agency work flow
- Be able to work within a deadline driven environment
- Amazing verbal communication and written skills
- Ability to interface with clients directly
- Full working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of basic HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, print + media production are preferred
- Strong desire to work at a smaller creative focused agency setting
- Ability to help manage and implement QA process(es)
We are looking for someone remarkable, uncommon and distinct. Someone extraordinary. Preferably someone who eats, breathes and sleeps design. In fact, you likely can’t help being creative and you generate ideas and concepts without being told to do so. When you are not designing, you are a glutton for inspiration, uncovering and chatting about intriguing new trends and innovations. To thrive here, you'll need a drive that enables you to own projects from the start and the work ethic to see all the details through to the end. You are confident, articulate, and you can design for any application that gets thrown at you. You have past agency experience of at least 4 years and you have solved challenges such as identities, videos, websites, advertising, and packaging. You live in the cross-section of design and technology and your portfolio reflects that.
Position: Art Director
Reports to: Creative Director
We’re looking for a talented Front End Developer to join our growing team of designers and strategists.
We create unique sites for our clients that do more than just take up rack space. We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming to help lead our development projects. If you’re someone who can build a site that’s technically well thought-out from wireframe to deployment, and want to work in an awesome creative space with awesomely talented people… then we’d love to talk to you.
Position: Front End Developer
Reports to: Lead Developer
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an agency or freelance web development role
- Proven skills in the usual front end list (JS, PHP, jQuery, CSS) as well as familiarity with WordPress
- An eye for design coupled with a passion for the implementation of creativity into the digital space
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles and translating PSDs into fluid and responsive templates
- The ability to collaborate on work and help lead a team from an interactive perspective
- Be able to help actually establish project timeframes and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of current web standards, as well as cross platform/device functionality/best practices
- The ability to interact with clients as well as good internal communications is a must
- Bonus points for any level of the following: Animation skills (either JS/HTML5), JS frameworks (React/Angular/etc) or Git
- Desire to work at a smaller creative focused agency setting
- Ability to help manage and implement QA process(es)
20nine, a Creative Brand Agency in Conshohocken, PA is hiring a Senior Designer. Someone remarkable, uncommon and distinct. Someone extraordinary. Preferably someone who eats, breathes and sleeps design. In fact, you likely can’t help being creative and you generate ideas and concepts without being told to do so. When you are not designing, you are a glutton for inspiration, uncovering and chatting about intriguing new trends and innovations.
Position: Senior Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
- You are comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- You are confident and articulate with a thirst for all that is design
- You’ve cut your teeth in the agency world for 4+ years
- When we look at your book of work, we will quickly see your highly refined design aesthetic
- You have experience in designing for a wide range of applications
- Your design is strategic and well thought through
- Others would tell us that your ability to properly research, ask questions and understand client and stakeholder needs has led to multiple project successes
- You enjoy helping mentor designers
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects at once and accurately set and meet deadlines
- 4 + years of agency experience
- A great attitude
- Super Adobe powers
Disruptive change is everywhere so that means brand marketers of all sizes need help navigating the ever-changing landscape. That’s the space the 20nine lives in. We work closely with marketers and the C suite of companies, figuring out business strategy, core positioning and messaging and brand architectures that help our clients—from billion-dollar companies to feisty start-ups-- build vibrant communities around brands that drive success. We’re a multi-disciplined creative agency, specializing in story-led brand transformation…and we’re always on the lookout for talented, kindred spirits. In this case, we’re looking for a sharp and experienced writer to join our team.
The role of the senior writer at 20nine is an important role in that it helps guide and inform all facets of our business—brand strategy, story, and identity—while contributing directly to our award-winning creative product. A typical day might take you from being part of a group ideation session fueling ideas at the front-end of a project, to collaborating one-on-one with a designer on the project already in progress, to crafting the 20nine story for a proposal or client presentation. Versatility, passion and a willingness to initiate and engage others are key characteristics we look for. 20nine is highly collaborative, high-paced place, so talent, communication skills and an ability to play as a team are crucial to your success. You will get a “lay of the land” and a sense of how things work, but we will look to you be a self-starter, push the limits and take the client’s business to amazing places. There are guardrails for how we work and what we expect but this is an opportunity to for someone with a way with words(and worlds) to bring their own fire, talent and uniqueness to the job and the culture.
Position: Senior Writer, Story Maker
Reports to: Gary Kopervas, VP of Brand Strategy & Innovation
- Conceive and construct compelling brand stories that help solve marketing problems
- Participate in team ideation session and contribute to the quality and quantity of new ideas
- Articulate rough, undefined concepts and ideas so they are clear and understandable
- Drive fresh and unexpected creative solutions to the work we do for clients
- Communicate with clients
- Be a part of the upfront discovery session as a facilitator of sessions or capture of information, insights and key takeaways
- Synthesize insights from qual/quant research as well as other data sources into actionable creative strategies or platforms
- Understand customer usage of media/channels
- Help craft creative briefs and provide input to help inform/inspire design teams
- Collaborate with designers on projects
- Contribute to the agency’s new biz efforts including help with pitches, proposals, and presentations
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Marketing, PR or Communications
- 5-7 years experience writing at an ad agency, brand design firm, marketing company or client company committed to good brand communications
- Exceptional writing, communications, and presentation skills, both in developing the story architecture and delivering compelling presentations
- Demonstrated ability to think comprehensively and proactively about brand marketing strategy
- Experience in generating and strategically applying both qualitative and quantitative research
- Strong curiosity, ability to deal with ambiguity, work autonomously and a preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across agency and teams
- Ideally have experience with a range of brands, products and client categories
Responsible for the management of all new business development, activities and pitches. Focus will be on identifying and pursuing qualified leads, RFP’s and referrals.
Position: VP, Director of Business Development
Reports to: CEO
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively in a team environment on RFP’s, new business meetings, presentations, etc.
- Assists in defining goals for new business development.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market / business leads and opportunities.
- Initiates and manages effective relationships and develop a sales pipeline.
- Manages multiple new business prospect engagements
- Assists in recommending, establishing, and being accountable to implement strategic and / or tactical new business marketing plans designed to achieve agency goals and objectives.
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Generate new leads for the agency, set appointments and pre-qualify the prospects.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining a prospect database.
- Active involvement with the Social Media strategy of the agency
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8-10 plus years of experience in sales
- Creative Agency experience required